- Coach / Players
- Partner Sports
Glen-Ed Soccer Tryouts Sessions Information
High School Boys Supplemental Tryout Information – Use GotSoccer Link below to register. After registering, please send email to John VanBuskirk (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Rob Landers (email@example.com) letting us know you have registered and also provide your playing background so we can be sure to invite you to the proper training session.
2007-2013 Supplemental Tryout Information – A Few Teams Still Have Openings
Register NOW to receive Tryout Invite
Open Roster Spots – 04/05 Girls, 08/09 Girls and 2010 Girls
Open Roster Spots – 2007 Boys, 2009 Boys and 2010 Boys
EVERYONE MUST PRE-REGISTER.
DUE TO COVID-19 GROUP RESTRICTIONS, THERE WILL BE NO WALK-UP REGISTRATION ALLOWED. EMAIL INVITES WITH DATES/TIMES OF TRYOUT SESSIONS WILL BE SENT TO THOSE PLAYERS IN AGE GROUPS WHERE WE STILL HAVE AN OPENING. QUESTIONS? – PLEASE CONTACT JOHN VANBUSKIRK – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glen-Ed Soccer Complex – East
7801 Goshen Road (located within Plummer Family Park)
Edwardsville, IL 62025
A couple of important reminders:
- Everyone must REGISTER before they attend a Tryout session. Click the green button “Register for Tryout Sessions”. The button is located further down this page. Registration is free but you will have to set up an individual user (player) account in GotSoccer for each of your children if your child does not already have one. All returning players have one already and most players who have played for any other St. Louis area club team will also most likely already have so please use the Player Password Lookup feature if you do not remember their account. Do NOT use the Family Registration feature.
- Players must try out in their birth year age group. Age groups are birth years 2002 through 2014.
- Players should attend both tryout sessions for their age group. This allows the selection committee to make more informed determination of a player’s abilities.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled tryout time to check in. Please do not arrive earlier than 15 minutes and please stay in car until directed to come to the field.
- Registered players only allowed on the fields. Due to COVID restrictions, all others should remain in their cars in the parking lot.
- Players will go directly to their assigned field and check in while observing 6-foot COVID social distancing at all times.
- For COVID reasons, every player MUST bring their own ball, wear shin guards and bring their own water bottle to drink. Mask are recommended but not required.
About Glen-Ed Soccer:
The Glen-Ed Sports Association was created to assist players to ‘Pursue the Dream’ by offering quality select sports participation in soccer, basketball and lacrosse at an affordable price. The Glen-Ed Sports Association focuses on individual and team development through the improvement of skill, knowledge, teamwork and self-esteem.
“Quality Soccer at an Affordable Price”
Along with generous donations from our partners and time commitment from volunteers, the club is able to maintain a low fee structure and increase the participation of boys and girls in select sports. The goal is to build leadership, character, integrity and a lifelong passion for sports through a fun, challenging and safe environment.
The club is a Federally Tax Exempt 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization committed to helping players in the St. Louis and Metro East area. Our Tax identification # is 45-1771660.
The Club has 3 divisions. U7-U11 Boys and Girls fall into the Youth Development Division. U12-U14 fall into the Junior Division and U15-U19 teams fall into the Senior Division.
In Junior and Senior Divisions, there is a first team (Premier/United), a second team (Elite) and a third team (Select) in each age group when numbers allow. Whichever the case, players have made a decision to play competitive soccer and are placed based on their passion and ability.
If you have questions, please email John VanBuskirk, Managing Director of Players and Coaches, at email@example.com