- Coach / Players
- Partner Sports
Glen-Ed Soccer Tryout Sessions Information
Glen-Ed Soccer Tryouts Dates Announced
1st Session – May 3rd-10th (See Details Below)
2nd Session – May 25th-30th (actual dates/times are TBA).
All players wanting to attend a session must register ONLINE prior to attending the session.
Players are encouraged to attend the first session of tryouts as team formations for 2021-2022 season will commence upon the completion of the first sessions.
EVERYONE MUST PRE-REGISTER. INCLUDING CURRENT GLEN-ED PLAYERS.
DUE TO CURRENT COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS, THERE WILL BE NO WALK-UP REGISTRATION ALLOWED. QUESTIONS? – PLEASE CONTACT JOHN VANBUSKIRK – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glen-Ed East Soccer Complex
7801 Goshen Road (located within Plummer Family Park)
Edwardsville, IL 62025
|Boys||2014/2015||May 4th||6:00pm-7:15pm||Girls||2014/2015||May 4th||6:00pm-7:15pm|
|Boys||2013||May 4th||6:00pm-7:15pm||Girls||2013||May 4th||6:00pm-7:15pm|
|Boys||2012||May 6th||6:00pm-7:15pm||Girls||2012||May 4th||6:00pm-7:15pm|
|Boys||2011||May 6th||6:00pm-7:15pm||Girls||2011||May 3rd||6:00pm-7:15pm|
|Boys||2010||May 3rd||6:00pm-7:15pm||Girls||2010||May 3rd||6:00pm-7:15pm|
|Boys||2009||May 6th||6:00pm-7:15pm||Girls||2009||May 4th||6:00pm-7:15pm|
|Boys||2008||May 4th||7:45pm-9:00pm||Girls||2008||May 5th||6:00pm-7:15pm|
|Boys||2007||May 5th||7:45pm-9:00pm||Girls||2007||May 3rd||7:45pm-9:00pm|
|Boys||*Freshmen – 06-07||May 6th||6:00pm-7:15pm||Girls||*Freshmen – Seniors||May 10th||6:00pm-7:15pm|
|Boys||*Sophomores – 05-06||May 6th||6:00pm-7:15pm|
|Boys||*Juniors – 04-05||May 6th||7:45pm-9:00pm|
|Boys||*Seniors – 03-04||May 6th||7:45pm-9:00pm|
* High School Class Entering in Fall 2021
A couple of important reminders:
- Everyone (including current players) must REGISTER before they attend a Tryout session. Click the green button “Register for Tryout Sessions”. The button is located further down this page. Registration is free but you will have to set up an individual user (player) account in GotSoccer for each of your children if your child does not already have one. All returning players have one already and most players who have played for any other St. Louis area club team will also most likely already have so please use the Player Password Lookup feature if you do not remember their account. Do NOT use the Family Registration feature.
- Current Glen-Ed players should wear their Blue training shirts to tryout sessions.
- Players must try out in their birth year age group. Age groups are birth years 2003 through 2015.
- Players should attend both tryout sessions for their age group. This allows the selection committee to make more informed determination of a player’s abilities.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled tryout time to check in. Please do not arrive earlier than 15 minutes and please stay in car until directed to come to the field.
- Registered players only allowed on the fields. All others must remain outside of fence and adhere to all COVID restrictions currently in place.
- Players will go directly to their assigned field and check in while adhering to all COVID restrictions currently in place.
- Every player MUST bring their own ball, wear shin guards and bring their own water bottle to drink.
About Glen-Ed Soccer:
The Glen-Ed Sports Association was created to assist players to ‘Pursue the Dream’ by offering quality select sports participation in soccer, basketball and lacrosse at an affordable price. The Glen-Ed Sports Association focuses on individual and team development through the improvement of skill, knowledge, teamwork and self-esteem.
“Quality Soccer at an Affordable Price”
Along with generous donations from our partners and time commitment from volunteers, the club is able to maintain a low fee structure and increase the participation of boys and girls in select sports. The goal is to build leadership, character, integrity and a lifelong passion for sports through a fun, challenging and safe environment.
The club is a Federally Tax Exempt 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization committed to helping players in the St. Louis and Metro East area. Our Tax identification # is 45-1771660.
The Club has 3 divisions. U7-U11 Boys and Girls fall into the Youth Development Division. U12-U14 fall into the Junior Division and U15-U19 teams fall into the Senior Division.
In Junior and Senior Divisions, there is a first team (Premier/United), a second team (Elite) and a third team (Select) in each age group when numbers allow. Whichever the case, players have made a decision to play competitive soccer and are placed based on their passion and ability.
If you have questions, please email John VanBuskirk, Managing Director of Players and Coaches, at email@example.com