“Through the Player Development initiatives, U.S. Soccer aims to develop players with more game understanding, individual skill, intelligence, creativity and confidence. The provide a consistent approach across the country while challenging the status quo of our soccer landscape by focusing on the development of the individual versus the success of a team. Parents can also have a better understanding of exactly what they should expect from a soccer program for their children.
It is a comprehensive change to player development including :
- Birth Year Registration Standards with International Standards
- Small Sided Games for younger ages:
- 4v4 (8 years old and younger)
- 7v7 (9 & 10 years old)
- 9v9 (11 & 12 years old)
- Concussion Initiative and Heading Ban 11 years old and younger
- Rule and Field Changes
To Learn more , click on the link below to the Unites States Soccer Federation Player Development Initiative webpage”
- Here is the link to the USSF Webpage. https://www.ussoccer.com/coaching-education/resources/us-soccer-player-development-initiatives.